*1919 in Kappel am Krappfeld, † 2014 in Vienna.
Graduate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. Since 1950 international exhibitions and awards. Together with Arnulf Rainer and Oswald Oberhuber founded informal painting in Austria; a key concept of her art is body awareness. Lived abroad in Paris (1961-68) and New York (1968-1980). Since 1970 she made films which she created autodidacticly, based on her own drawings on a self-invented work desk (not an animation desk). 1979 DAAD scholarship to go to Berlin. Member of Women/ Artist/ Filmmakers, Inc. New York (1974-80). 1980-90 professor of the master class for Experimental Design at the College of Applied Arts in Vienna. 1982 founded the only Austrian teaching studio for animated film. Österreichischer Staatspreis (Austrian state award) for painting (1988). Member of the Austrian Filmmakers' Cooperative.